Saturday, August 30, 2008

Nastia Liukin mania

My soon-to-be 13 year old son, Sean, has a HUGE crush on Nastia Liukin. If you've been hiding out under a rock, or too busy to watch the Olympics . . . Nastia is a gold medal winning gymnast from the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and lives right here in magnificent North Texas. So, when I heard that she was going to our local JC Penney to sign autographs from 2-4pm . . . Sean & I were there. Unfortunately, life got in the way and we didn't get there early enough (We waited in line 2 1/2 hours, but another 30 minutes would have gotten us up there I just know it!). No autograph for Sean, but we got lots of great pictures and were about 10 feet from her (we took turns getting out of the extremely long line to take pictures). Then we followed her outside while she got into her car. Oh, the things us moms will do for our kids. But, when I was Sean's age, if someone had told me Rick Springfield or Shaun Cassidy was signing autographs at the mall . . . I would have camped out all night to see them. And don't even get me started about my enormous Simon LeBon (Duran Duran) crush in high school. I never got the chance to be 10 feet from Simon, which I guess is good because it would have been horribly embarassing. Aye yie yie!

No comments: