Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SCBWI Winter Conference 2010

For two years, I have had a goal of going to the SCBWI Winter Conference in New York City. I imagine it must be like Woodstock for writers & illustrators. :) Yes, I'm a picture book geek, and I rarely ever read anything older than YA. So, the excitement is beginning because registration begins tomorrow . . . and . . . I . . will . . . be . . . registering!!!!!!! YIPPPPEE!! I'm saving my pennies, polishing my portfolio, and heading out from suburbia to the big city! I'm going to have to pace myself. The conference is 3 months away - if I stay this pumped, I just might crash into a weepy mess when I walk through the conference doors. (I'm practicing my "fanning myself while crying like Miss America" face) Let me know if you'll be attending. I'm anxious to meet my cyber illustration buddies. Conga line to NYC!!

4 comments:

Eric Barclay said...

Awesome, Deb! Love your Fall Mailer.

Debbie Meyer said...

Thanks, Eric!

Carla said...

Hi, Fellow-McKinnian.

Wish I could be there...I am saving my pennies for the next round. Have great fun and be sure to post pictures and write about the great time you had.

Carla

Lynn Alpert said...

Hi Debbie,
I have been planning on attending this conference for two years, too! Will you be attending the illustrator intensives? I'll be there, along with my new internet friend Linda at http://www.thedrawingmuse.blogspot.com, who I will be rooming with. Looking forward to meeting you!