Friday, June 04, 2010

Taking Flight: I ROCK!


On Sunday, I started flight lessons with Kelly Rae Roberts. No, I'm not a pilot. It's an ecourse that's helping me spread my creative wings and fly in my own way. We're a fun online community of artists who are all working through issues together. So far, we're tackling fears, issues over self-worth, childhood baggage, etc. Things that make you feel stuck. One of the exercises was to declare proudly to the world who you are. Kelly suggested writing it on your body, but I decided to take a t-shirt and write it out. (I added a few more after the picture was taken - you know, I've always got to nit-pick until I think it's finished.) I have a tendancy to have what I call "Chronic Eyeore Syndrome". That's when I start getting down on myself and pile on the negativity. My friend, Sylvia, calls me on it all the time. "Oh, there's Eyeore again." I've gotta stop that "Stinkin' Thinkin'!!" So, I'm going to use this shirt when I workout, when I'm feeling down, and when Eyeore pops in to spoil the party. Take that, Eyeore!!


6 comments:

Bobbie Dacus said...

Looking good, Deb! Aren't these flying lessons outstanding!

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

WOW Deb...love the t-shirt declaration idea!!! i may share it on my blog sometime with your permission...you do rock girl...hope to soar with you

...just stopping by from a pause in our flying lessons to say hello and say i am so happy to connect with you...

Blessings, R

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva
Cre8Tive Compass Magazine
Cre8Tiva's Blog
Artistically Speaking Talk Show
FAMM Live Radio

Debbie Meyer said...

Thanks, Bobbie & Rebecca. Feel free to pass this T-shirt idea along to your friends. I think we need more Girl Power in this world. :) Too many of us have low self esteem. It would be a great thing to do with a group of young girls this summer too.

scrapwordsmom said...

This really is a WONDERFULLY creative idea!! Thanks for sharing with us!!

I am taking Kelly's class, too and am blown away by all the info and all the wonderful woman I'm meeting!!

Leslie

Kerri said...

good for you- declaring it! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie! Just stopping by from Flying Lessons to check out your blog and to say "hi". I am loving Kelly's class too, meeting all of these awesome women and having lots of inspiration and motivation!

Love the T-shirt declaration! Yes you ROCK.

Love & blessings,

xoxo Valerie
http://valeriehart.com/