Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I won!

Look what I just won from Will Terry via Angela Matteson's blog. So incredibly cool. I love Will's artwork - the lighting is fabulous. I had the pleasure to see his original artwork in person a few years ago. The best job ever - I was working at a local graphic design firm on a project with Harcourt School Publishers. My job was to hire illustrators, send them manuscripts/studio sketches and then receive their final art and get it ready for the publisher. I'll never forget the amazing work Will created. The story was about a fox with a stinky, rotten fish. So funny!

And as if that wasn't enough to win in one day, I also won a portfolio critique with David Diaz at the Austin SCBWI Conference in February through The Texas Sweethearts and Scoundrels. Sa-weet! Update: I also won a spot at the illustrator intensive with Julian Hector at the Austin SCBWI conference through Mark Mitchell's blog! Extra Sa-Weet!!!

No comments: