Sunday, January 02, 2011

My Gameplan for 2011

I've got a big list of plans for 2011, so I think I will try to summarize them here to prevent boredom from anyone even remotely interested. Here goes:

1. Surround myself with more positive/motivated people. Whether it's in illustration or fitness, I NEED to be around those who are jumping in with both feet and rockin' it out. It does make a big difference in life.

2. Create more art. Whether for IF, jobs, or portfolio, I want to create more, and post on this blog more too.
2.5 Create an art licensing portfolio. I feel really drawn to this side of the art world. This is the year I create collections and get to know the art licensing world. I'd also love to go to Surtex and see what's up.

3.Attend more SCBWI/art licensing events/conferences/Beachbody events. This pretty much goes along with 1&2 above.

4.Learn more. I want to add more texture into my work. I think I will need to know more about Photoshop to make that happen. Taking time to learn & play is key.

5.Write! I grew up with dreams of being a writer, but pushed that aside to pursue illustration. I'd love to work on that more and create both.

6. Help others make health & fitness a priority. In addition to illustration, I'm also a Beachbody coach. I know that it has made a huge difference in my physical & emotional health by eating right & exercising daily. I'd love to help people understand that feeling and incorporate it into their daily lives as well. With good health & fitness, anything is possible. Maybe start up a fit club in my area.

7. Work with art reps. I know that the economy & the publishing world are both recovering still, so there may or may not be an opportunity open to actually sign on with an art rep. However, I have worked with a couple on a per job basis, and loved it. So, under contract or not, I want to work with an art rep. It has been a very joyful experience for me.

8. Be more organized. Yes, the office is a bit cluttered, and it's tough to juggle illustration, Beachbody, my job as a preschool aide, and family life, but I'm determined. I want to make sure there isn't time being wasted (very often).

9. Home improvement projects for 2011. I always have several - painting, garden/sitting area in backyard, new curtains, carpet, etc. I would also like to get someone to widen the closet in my office so it will be easily accessible. (wide closet + only 1 door = I can't reach all the way in to the ends.)

10.Travel. This world is amazing. I want to see more of it up close. I'm putting it out there in the universe. I want to go to England. (An invite to the Royal Wedding would be lovely.) I am also determined to attend the SCBWI conference in LA this summer, which I've never been to so that qualifies in several categories of my 2011 gameplan.

No comments: