Saturday, August 05, 2017

Saturday Inspiration - Amazing Vector Artwork in Children's Publishing

My main goal is to write and illustrate books for little kiddos - babies & preschoolers. I love working in Adobe Illustrator too. So, after my local SCBWI Illustrator meeting today, I went to Barnes & Noble to check out my favorite section - board books & picture books for toddlers & preschoolers. My main goal was to find vector art in these books.

OMG! I was so excited to see the crazy-good work out there! Like this book by Greg Paprocki A is for Atom. WHAT?! It's the coolest!





And I've been a big fan of Helen Dardik for years, so you know I got all excited when I saw The Story of Noah's Ark. (I LOVE THOSE WAVES!!!)

And these adorable animals by Natalie Marshall from her book Farm and also Garden



I could post a ton more amazing vector artwork. So inspired! There are so many different style of artwork being used in children's publishing, and I love that. I know that some people prefer watercolors, acrylic or oil paintings, but I prefer the bold, clean lines of Adobe Illustrator. I love how easy it is to revise, resize, change colors, etc. I love how easy it is to submit my files to the client. I am grateful that it was created way back in 1982. (another stellar thing that came from the 80's!!!) I'm happy that it's possible that I can become a published author/illustrator using the tools that I know & love. Whooohooooo!!  Thanks for the inspiration fellow AI artists!




No comments: