Tuesday, November 27, 2018

First Runner Up in Sub Six Banner Contest


Recently, I entered an illustration contest just for fun. I've decided to get my work out there more this year, so it would be a fun way to play and work on my skills. It was for a Facebook Banner for Sub Six. The assignment was to draw a wild animal that represents the group which is basically support for children's book creatives (AKA the subtitle of the banner). I chose a turtle because you have to be patient in the publishing business. It's not typically a quick & easy journey. There will be many ups & downs and times when you don't think it's possible, but you have to dig deep and continue if that's what makes you happy. Well, I'm so excited to announce that I was First Runner Up! I'm so proud of that! There were so many amazing illustrators from different countries. The winner is from Thailand and the Second Runner Up is from Chile. Pretty darn cool!! :) Here's my design. I hope it makes you happy.


No comments: