Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Happy New Year 2020!

2019 was pretty great for me, and I'm really looking forward to 2020.
Each year I put little notes in a jar to help me remember the great things that happen in the year.
Here are some of the notes:

1-1-19  Three mile walk for the past 2 days. Very grateful for the ability to move freely & enjoy life.

1-22-19 I signed up for the Highlights Foundation Summer Camp July 7-12!

1-23-19 Market Street Cherry Pie is AMAZING!

1-24-19 I got 2 new really large monitors at work!

Alright, so somewhere after that I stopped writing the exact dates on my notes. haha January is always the best month on resolutions; right?!

But here are the other notes:

July 2019 I spent the most magical week at summer camp at the Highlights Foundation. (OMG That was awesome!)

August 2019 Awarded a 1st place Blue Ribbon at The State Fair of Texas. Way to Achiever your goal, Deb! You did it!

September Joined the Thriving Christian Artists Mentoring Program

October 22, 2019 Email from Zonderkids to illustrate a board book! Thank you God!

October Signed the contract to illustrate the board book!!!!!!

Left off the notes was the Sunday School project I worked on for the 2nd year in a row. That project has gotten me through some rough times personally. It got me illustrating consistently with the same characters. It gave me a big boost in my confidence so that when this book deal came by I didn't have the usual feeling of self doubt. I had confidence.

So my word for 2020 is Confidence. God gave me the desire to illustrate and it's my duty to practice, grow and create as often as possible.

Speaking of creating . . . I bought this strange, unfinished ceramic item for $2 in the clearance section at Hobby Lobby and painted it today. One side is the guy with the glasses and the other is the lady with the button lips. That was fun! I think it turned out great.



I hope 2020 has started off to be your best year yet!

No comments: