Friday, October 26, 2007

My Pumpkin Junkin'!

Happy Halloween ya'll! I know it's a little early, but my pumpkin friend wanted to get dressed up and couldn't wait another day! Doesn't she look fabulous?

I made this crazy critter for Holli Conger's "Pumpkin Junkin" contest. The idea was to take an ordinary pumpkin and jazz it up with lots of junk we already had hiding away somewhere. What a great chance to recycle and make art! Can you tell what all the junk is? (Shoe horn tongue, old plastic nose, the big eye & ears are the bottoms of a orange juice can, the other is from a safety thing for blinds, there are feathers, pompoms, a basketball net, butter lid and lipstick lid too!) My boys loved giving me ideas and helped paint a few things too. (oh, and my oldest contributed with the big spring holding the top up when he ran over the sprinkler head with the lawn mower! Can't get upset when it came in handy!!) We love how it turned out. This wacky critter has a permanent home in my studio where it can continue to inspire me. Thanks, Holli!

1 comment:

roz said...

Fabulous!
Very creative use of old junk lying about.
LOVE IT