Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Promo lesson learned

I sent out Christmas postcards at the beginning of December, and I really liked how they turned out. However, I'm worried that they aren't able to do what they're meant to do! I have my illustrations on www.childrensillustrators.com instead of my own personal website. Big mistake. I like their site, but the mistake is to have my work ONLY on this site and not have both CI & my personal website. Apparently, CI's site has been hijacked (in November), and it has been down ever since. (I was just told yesterday.) So, all those postcards I sent will not direct anyone to my portfolio - just a message that they are unable to access my page. Oh great! All those opportunities missed. I hope that whoever may have taken the time to view my portfolio will go back later to check again instead of giving up on me. So frustrating!!

No comments: