I was going to post to this very neglected blog on Friday, but couldn't remember my log in. :/
So, here are my 5 for Friday on a Monday:
1) I recently completed another round of final artwork on a Sunday School project I'm working on for Regular Baptist Press. It's a 2 year project, so this marks the halfway point. I've enjoyed working on it, and I feel like with all this work I'm definitely improving with my drawing skills. Super happy that there weren't any changes requested on finals either. I must be doing something right over here. :)
2) I'm participating in #PBPitch and webinars. Last week was #PBPitch and although I didn't get any likes from agents or editors, I had a lot of good feedback on my pitches. Over the weekend I watched a webinar put on by the Utah SCBWI. Very informative and for $15 for a 2 hour webinar and an opportunity to submit to an editor at the end . . . what a bargain. Definitely recommend any webinar that regional SCBWI chapters provide.
3) I signed up for the Highlights Foundation Summer Camp in July!! I'm so stoked about this. It's going to be fabulous, I'm sure. It looks so beautiful there, and I've heard great things about their programs.
4) I'm writing again. There were a couple of months in there that I wrote down story ideas, (especially during Story Storm in January) but I haven't written a pb manuscript in months. Maybe it was finishing up the illustration project and getting more sleep, but I feel inspired to write again.
5) I'm taking better care of myself. I think it's all related, so I'm going to say that eating healthy, getting enough sleep and also making time to exercise is important for the creative soul. I tend to enjoy activities that require me to sit (drawing, writing, crochet, watching movies/TV) so I have to make time to move more and to eat things that are healthier.
I just signed up for 12x12! I wish I had signed up immediately in January, but I was worried I would be overwhelmed. With only 3 days left until registration closes, I decided to jump in anyway.