Saturday, December 28, 2019

Things I've created lately

So, it's been way too long since I posted anything here, but I've been busy creating.
I'm working on two illustration projects - Sunday School educational pages with Regular Baptist Press and also my very first board book for Zonderkidz. Super excited to be reaching this goal.

In addition to my illustration, I've been creating with paper mache. I created this Mister Rogers for The State Fair of Texas and he won a 1st Place Blue Ribbon! I've been a fan of Mister Rogers since I was very little, so I love that I won my blue ribbon with Mister Rogers. Everything is paper mache except his sweater. I crocheted that.


Last year I got a 2nd place Red Ribbon with a Conan O'Brien paper mache:
I also love to crochet. This past summer I also entered this Freddie Mercury in The State Fair of Texas. He only received an Honorable Mention award, but he sure is handsome.


And because I love to create, no matter what, I recently created this fun Christmas sweatshirt for our Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest at work:

Apparently, he wasn't ugly enough, and I was tied for 2nd but ended up in 3rd place after we had to pick a number between 1-100. 
Oh, and I made cookies too:

So back to work creating fun things! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you're inspired to create something today.

Bonus: I just read back to my last post almost a year ago. I did go to the Highlight's Foundation Summer Camp last July and OMG I LOVED IT! So much that I signed up for another workshop this coming July! I can't say enough fabulous things about that place. It's magical! Get there if you can!!!

No comments: